Sunday, June 29, 2008

Family Reunion

What a wonderful way to spend a weekend-inside or out rain or no rain. The weekend was dedicated to a family reunion (our 4th annual) for my side of the family. I have 8 brothers and sisters, all married-everyone of them showed up with their families. Yes, we were missing some, but ya know what-they were not forgotten-their names came up many times. When you have a large family like this, not everyone can make it...but they will hear about the GREAT and FUN time we all had. We all hang at my sister and bro-in-law in Pequot Lakes at their large home "resort" style" bringing our sleeping bags, tents, campers "food" "beverages" "chairs" and do whatever happens next.
This year we had three many features: a Dunk Tank (my hubby was the 1st one to brave it) in which he was the first one dunked-oh what fun...I even took a shot at it, and hit the target, in which he went in. Yup, he still loves me.
Then my brothers rigged up a "bean bag" tourney...the loser of the tourney has to go in the Dunk Tank. My gosh, I hope it's not my mom...but then again, it would be funny, better yet, to see my sister go would be better yet (hee, hee, hee) We get the results today, as it was an all day affair yesterday-going into to today.
Oh, then the yearly decision on what to eat for the "main meal" on Saturday. This year, my Dad had a great idea and got a big pot together to put over a fire in which we all contributed with goodies to make an awsome stew. It cooked over an open fire for at least 4 hours- and just enuf for 31 people. It was accomplished even with rain being forever with us.
Yes, there was an injury of one of the attendees, which resulted an emergency room visit, my little grandson decided to go for a "spin" on a scooter-oh my heart fell for him, his mommy and daddy-but all is well (Thank God). I believe he learned a lesson-wear shoes, helmet and maybe shin guards.
Now, we all have a shirt to Proudly wear in which one of my bro's and wife provided to us. We will wear them proudly. It says "R-- M-------- Family Reunion. What happens in Pequot stays in Pequot!!!
Then there was of course the yearly event....a FAMILY photo which will forever be a yearly event when we all get together. I can't stress it enough-get that family photo of your family. It is something you will treasure. I love this event and will look forward to my Yearly Family gathering. The next time you get together, call us....we want to create that image for you.
Guess what, gotta go. I'm the first one up, now my daddy just got up...going to spend some more precious time with him alone.
May all your Moments be filled with Magic.
Keep Smiling!!!

No comments: